Take NA with you wherever you go!
Staying connected with Newark Academy and fellow alums has never been easier. No matter where you live or how busy your schedule is, you will be able to connect with other alums and keep up to date with the latest NA news with the NA Alumni Mobile App.
- Directory: The app provides easy access to our online directory. You will be able to look up your fellow alumni by name, class, and even by company, city, or college/university. The directory is integrated with LinkedIn for increased professional networking opportunities.
Prohibited Uses of the Alumni Directory: Use of the alumni directory for any commercial, public, or political purposes is strictly prohibited. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, solicitations for commercial services, cold-calling of any kind, or mass-mailings for commercial purposes.
- Alumni Nearby: Simply click on "Alumni Nearby" and find the alumni who live in your area. It works from your preferred address in our database.
- Professionals To Know: Based on LinkedIn data, the mobile app will give you a list of other alumni that are in your related field.
- Classmates: Click here to find the list of those alumni who graduated in your class.
- News and Social: This is where you will find the social media tabs such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. In this tab you will also be able to view and register for upcoming alumni events and support Newark Academy by giving to the Annual Fund.
How It's Done in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Visit the App Store from your mobile device. (Supported devices include iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android mobile devices)
Step 2: Search for Newark Academy
Step 3: Download the NA Alumni Mobile app and when prompted you can login two different ways.
- 1. You may login with your current LinkedIn username and password. You will automatically be able to authenticate if the email address you use for LinkedIn is the same preferred email that we have on file for you at Newark Academy. *If it is not the same email address, you will receive a notification as well as Newark Academy indicating that you attempted to login using a different email address. We will then reach out to you to verify more information before you are able to authenticate with the mobile app.
- 2. The other option is to authenticate by using the email option. *This email must match the preferred email that we have on file for you at Newark Academy in order to authenticate. Through your mobile device, you must access the verification email that was sent to you. Once you click on "Verify" you will have access to the mobile application. To verify your email address on file, contact Jennifer Rusek at email@example.com or in the office at 973-992-7000 ext. 362.
Frequently Asked Questions
What devices support the NA Alumni Mobile app?
The app is currently available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android Mobile devices.
Why do I need to register to use the app?
Newark Academy verifies all alumni before the app can be accessed. We value our alumni's privacy and stress security on all data provided by our graduates.
What personal information will be available for other alumni to see?
The same information we have always used in previous online and print alumni directories. The following is automatically published for all alumni in the directory: name, class, home and work address, phone numbers, email, education and employment information.
Can I edit or hide my information displayed in the app?
Yes. To update or hide any of this information, simply select “Update this profile” in your profile, and include the desired changes in your message. Once received, the Alumni Office will make these changes. Requests can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I "Opt Out" of NA Alumni Mobile?
Yes. You will need to contact Jennifer Rusek at email@example.com to be removed from the application. If you would like only certain information to be displayed and still continue to use the application for all the other features, you must indicate to us what data you would like suppressed. We are able to adjust all the data displayed in the application. Please allow 48 hours for all requests.
Using the directory, can I see a list of just my graduating class?
Yes, just enter your graduation year in the search field of the directory.
When using the Alumni Nearby map feature, how do I know who is in the area?
Click the clipboard on the top right of the screen. This will generate a list of the alumni in the area sorted alphabetically.
Why do I only see 50 contacts in the list view of the "Alumni Nearby" search?
From a performance standpoint, 50 is a workable amount of data to download at a time. The results are shown in alphabetical order. You can further filter results by name, company, school or year with the filter on the bottom right.
How do I utilize my LinkedIn account for better networking capability?
The app enables alumni to directly connect and professionally network using LinkedIn. Once your account is verified, you will be prompted to connect with your LinkedIn account. Once you are logged in, you can view information that alums have chosen to include on their personal LinkedIn profiles along with the number of connections you have in common. Personal preferences within this listing are driven by your LinkedIn account settings. Don’t forget to list Newark Academy in the education fields and to connect with the Newark Academy Alumni LinkedIn Group!
Contact Jennifer Rusek, Director of Advancement Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the office at 973-992-7000 ext. 362.