Alumni Board of Governors
Glenn A. Waldorf '90
|Amanda Addison '06
Michele Chiles-Hickman '86Daniel D. Cronheim '72Brett Finkelstein '05
Jacqueline Lipsius Fleysher '93Rebecca Moll Freed '94Justin Garrod '93Kumar Ghafoor '10
Pete Gruenberg '81Shannon Hedvat '03
Lauren Jacobs-Lazer '98
|Lauren Kaplan '09Gillian Javetski '07Jennifer Mandelbaum '11David Mazzuca '03Giulia Mercuri '10
Ed Pursell '02
Jed Rosenthal '93
Alex Senchak '02Evan Sills '03Brian Silver '09
Andrew Somberg '07Joelle Tutela '90
The Alumni Association is led by its Board of Governors- a group of 18-25 individuals who volunteer their time to work with the Director of Alumni Relations to engage alumni through events and programs.
The mission of the Board is to be the dynamic leadership group of the NA alumni community, dedicated to supporting the mission of the school and serving as a relevant catalyst for engagement between NA and its alumni. The Board seeks to purposefully increase alumni engagement via:
- continued reliance on proven activities;
- implementation of relevant initiatives that broaden our reach, increase our touch points, and deepen emotional connection to the school, and;
- revitalize the effectiveness of the BOG itself.
The BOG seeks to achieve this through the following six strategies:
- Strengthen BOG performance with a focus on: a) stronger Board participation; b) an enhanced committee structure; and c) more rigorous leadership succession planning.
- Working with NA staff, continue to execute with excellence our existing core alumni programs.
- Develop stronger ties and emotional connection among more recent graduates (within the last 10-15 years) in an effort to convert them to "engaged alumni for life."
- Strengthen and expand the class rep program beyond fundraising as a vehicle for growing alumni participation in other key school activities or events.
- Increase NA faculty (both current and retired) involvement in key engagement activities, recognizing they are one of the school's most beloved assets.
- Create a two-way bridge in which alumni and students/faculty can engage in the "life of the academy," including: academics; co-curricular activities; social services; and athletics.
If you are interested in serving in some capacity to help achieve one or more of these objectives, email the Office of Alumni Relations for details.