Yes you do!
One of the best strategies you can employ in your career transition or your job search is networking. Actually, even if you're not in transition, you should still be networking. You never know what opportunity may present itself!
Think about this: about 90% of positions available aren't even advertised. How do people find them? Networking! It’s Everything. Talking with people you know and asking them to introduce you to other folks is the core of networking.
- NA Alumni App
- Staying connected with Newark Academy and fellow alums has never been easier. No matter where you live or how busy your schedule is, you will be able to connect with other alums and keep up to date with the latest NA news with the NA Alumni Mobile App.
- Available for all iOS and Android devices.
- Join the Newark Academy Group on LinkedIn, the online professional networking site. LinkedIn is a great networking tool and our group is growing by the day! Click here to learn more about how to make the most of your LinkedIn account.
- Networking Night
- Our premier annual networking event held each January, gives you the opportunity to meet and talk shop with other alumni in NYC region.
- Alumni Events
- NA alumni regional events are a great place to start your networking. Attend an event near you! They’re free and they’re fun.
- Small Business Networking Breakfasts
- Connect with other members of the Newark Academy Community. The Small Business Networking Group offers a chance for small business professionals to develop connections with other business owners in the NA community. All NA parents and alumni are welcome and will be given a chance to speak at each meeting to describe the nature of their business and tell others what makes them unique. At each meeting there is a guest speaker who presents on a relevant topic regarding the current business climate. See our Alumni Programming page for dates. Email the Office of Alumni Relations if you would like to be put on the distribution list.